This two-day training course, in partnership with Devon Reform, has been developed from Clinks' Volunteering in Prisons and Volunteering in the Community Resource Packs. The training and the packs are designed to support trainers and/or volunteer managers, recruiting, and supporting volunteers and mentors. Modules include but are not limited to:
- Working in prisons and available resources
- Introduction to volunteering with offenders in the community
- Volunteers’ skills and qualities
- The role of the volunteer in supporting offenders in prisons
- Attitudes and values in relation to crime and justice
Who should attend
Those responsible for the recruitment, management and/or training of paid staff or volunteers working in prisons or in the community. You should have some prior experience of either training and managing volunteers or working with offenders in prison or in the community.
- £100 Clinks Members
- £160 VCS
- £180 Clinks Associates
- £240 Statutory/Private
The cost includes two days of training, refreshments, buffet lunch, and a copy of the ‘Volunteering in Prison’ and ‘Volunteering in the Community’ training packs and CDs. For more information please visit the Clinks website.