Code of practice governing services to be provided in England and Wales to victims of criminal conduct which occurred in England and Wales.
The new victims code, published on 29 October, is due to come in to force in December 2013. In advance of this, we we will be publishing public information materials to help victims’ organisations and criminal justice agencies communicate the code.
The current code of practice governs the services to be provided in England and Wales by the organisations listed below to victims of criminal conduct which occurred in England and Wales.
- The Criminal Cases Review Commission
- The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority
- The Criminal Injuries Compensation Appeals Panel
- The Crown Prosecution Service
- Her Majesty’s Courts Service
- The joint police/Crown Prosecution Service Witness Care Units
- All police forces for police areas in England and Wales, the British Transport Police and the Ministry of Defence Police
- The Parole Board
- The Prison Service
- The Probation Service
- Youth Offending Teams
It is issued by the Home Secretary under section 32 of the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004.